ISO/TS 10303-203:2005 specifies the application protocol for configuration controlled three-dimensional design of parts and assemblies.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-203:2005:
- products that are three dimensional mechanical parts and assemblies;
- product definition data and configuration control data pertaining to the design phase of a product's development;
- representation of an instance of a part in an assembly through its usage in a sub-assembly;
- six groups of shape representations of a part that includes advanced boundary representation, faceted boundary representation, manifold surfaces with topology, geometrically bounded surface and wireframe geometry, wireframe with topology, and constructive solid geometry in three-dimensions;
- geometric validation properties to allow the translation of geometric shape representations (advanced boundary representation and faceted boundary representation solids) to be checked for quality;
- geometric presentation of geometric shape representations by the application of colours, layers and groups;
- geometric and dimensional tolerances applied to geometric shape representations;
- textual annotation and notes applied to geometric shape representations.
This part of ISO 10303 conforms to ISO 10303-11:2004, and is harmonized with ISO 10303-214.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2005-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 396
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data
- ICS :
- 25.040.40 Industrial process measurement and control
ISO 10303-203:1994/Amd 1:2000Withdrawn
ISO 10303-203:1994/Cor 1:1996Withdrawn
ISO 10303-203:1994/Cor 2:1998Withdrawn
ISO 10303-203:1994/Cor 3:2004
ISO/TS 10303-203:2005Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.