This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2022. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 11348 describes three methods for determining the inhibition of the luminescence emitted by the marine bacterium Vibrio fischeri (NRRL B‑11177). ISO 11348-2:2007 specifies a method using liquid‑dried bacteria.
This method is applicable to:
- waste water;
- aqueous extracts and leachates;
- fresh water (surface water and ground water);
- sea water and brackish water;
- eluates of sediment (fresh water, brackish water and sea water);
- pore water;
- single substances, diluted in water.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2007-12
Edition: 2Number of pages: 21
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 147/SC 5 Biological methods
- ICS :
- 13.060.70 Examination of biological properties of water
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO 11348-2:2007/Amd 1:2018
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.