This collection is a standard for the exchange of product model data (STEP) module and resource library (SMRL). It is intended for those who are considering adopting ISO 10303 modular application protocols, application modules, and resource parts, or systems built on them, for product data representation …
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2022. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/TS 10303-403:2010-03 specifies the application module for AP203 configuration controlled 3D design of mechanical parts and assemblies.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-403:2010-03:
- products that are mechanical parts and assemblies;
- product definition data and configuration control data pertaining to the design phase of a product's development;
- representation of an instance of a part in an assembly through its usage in a sub-assembly;
- three dimensional shape representations of a part that includes:
- geometrically and topologically bounded wireframe models;
- geometrically bounded surface models;
- topologically bounded solid models with facetted, elementary and advanced faces;
- non surface bounded solid models including constructive solid geometry, curve swept and other swept solids, thickened face solid;
- solids with construction history;
- topologically bounded manifold surface and subsurface and non manifold surface models;
- topologically bounded compound models;
- geometric validation properties to allow the translation of geometric shape representations (advanced boundary representation and faceted boundary representation solids) to be checked for quality;
- geometric and dimensional tolerances applied to geometric shape representations;
- materials and their composition of chemical substance;
- composite material structure and shape;
- catalogue data characterized by property value pairs;
- three dimensional presentation of product data:
- arranging geometric elements in layers and groups and assigning colours;
- presentation styles for points, curves, surfaces and sections, including hatching and tiling;
- saved views of particular camera positions and sections;
- textual annotation and notes applied to geometric elements;
- presentation of geometric and dimensional tolerances;
- technical drawings as two dimensional presentation of product data.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2010-03
Edition: 3Number of pages: 8
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data
- ICS :
- 25.040.40 Industrial process measurement and control
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.