ISO 25649-3:2017 is applicable for CLASS A classified floating leisure articles for use on and in water according to ISO 25649‑1 regardless whether the buoyancy is achieved by inflation or inherent buoyant material.
ISO 25649-3:2017 is to be applied with ISO 25649‑1 and ISO 25649‑2.
NOTE 1 Typical products forming Class A (see Annex A):
- "Floating Islands" in near round or square shaped forms decorated with palm tree, sun shade, etc. high superstructure;
- large floats/rafts in various forms from round to square;
- large floating tubes, giant tubes (inflatable or inherently buoyant);
- floating arm chairs, seats and sun beds;
- air mattresses for use on the water;
- recreational rafts/floating platforms/pontoons.
NOTE 2 Typical places for application:
- protected areas of lakes, ponds;
- protected area sea shore (no offshore winds, no currents).