ISO 18202:2013 defines the Mission Operations (MO) Message Abstraction Layer (MAL) in conformance with the service framework specified in CCSDS 520.0-G-3, Mission Operations Services Concept.
The MO MAL is a framework that provides generic service patterns to the Mission Operation services defined in CCSDS 520.0-G-3. These Mission Operations services are defined in terms of the MAL.
ISO 18202:2013 defines, in an abstract manner, the MAL in terms of:
- the concepts that it builds upon;
- the basic types it provides;
- the message headers required by the layer;
- the relationship between, and the valid sequence of, the messages and resulting behaviours.
It does not specify:
- individual implementations or products;
- the implementation of entities or interfaces within real systems;
- the methods or technologies required for communications.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2013-06
Edition: 1Number of pages: 193
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 13 Space data and information transfer systems
- ICS :
- 49.140 Space systems and operations
ISO 18202:2013Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.