ISO 16001:2017 specifies general requirements and describes methods for evaluating and testing the performance of object detection systems (ODSs) and visibility aids (VAs) used on earth-moving machines. It covers the following aspects:
- detection or visibility or both of objects including people in the detection zone;
- visual, audible, or both warnings to the operator and if appropriate to the persons in the detection zone;
- operational reliability of the system;
- compatibility and environmental specifications of the system.
It is applicable to machines as defined in ISO 6165. An ODS, VA or both can be used to augment the operator's direct vision (see ISO 5006) or indirect vision using mirrors (see ISO 14401). In addition, an ODS, VA or both can be used to provide additional means of object detection or view, for example, where ergonomic considerations limit the effectiveness of direct vision and to avoid repeated turning of the head and upper body.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-11
Edition: 2Number of pages: 74
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 127/SC 1 Test methods relating to safety and machine performance
- ICS :
- 53.100 Earth-moving machinery
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.