This document specifies the integrated generic resource constructs for quality of product shape data. These constructs enable the representation of product data quality with a specific focus on three-dimensional product shape data and shape-related data. The representations cover quality criteria, quality measurement requirements, quality assessment specifications and quality inspection results for product data. These representations are suitable for extension in future editions of this document to deal with the quality of types of product data beyond shape-related data. In this document, the representations cover data including annotated three-dimensional model data. The following are within the scope of this document:
- representation of high level data elements for managing quality related data;
- representation of general quality criteria for product data;
- representation of general quality criteria associated to corresponding measurement requirements for product data;
- representation of general quality criteria associated to corresponding assessment specifications for product data;
- representation of quality inspection results for product data;
- representation of quality criteria associated to corresponding measurement requirements and assessment specifications for three-dimensional product shape data;
NOTE 1 Quality criteria can be used for the representation of requirement, declaration of, or assurance of product shape data quality. The target shape data models are equivalent to those defined in ISO 10303-42, related application interpreted constructs and application modules.
- representation of quality inspection results for three-dimensional product shape data;
- representation of general quality criteria associated to corresponding measurement requirements and assessment specifications for annotated three-dimensional model data;
NOTE 2 Expected uses of the quality criteria are the same as those of shape data quality criteria.
- representation of general quality inspection results for annotated three-dimensional model data.
NOTE 3 The application context determines the detailed requirements for product shape data quality and annotated three-dimensional model data quality. This document provides a means to select appropriate criteria along with required thresholds.
The following are outside the scope of this document:
- specification of the degree of satisfaction of design intent;
- specification of quality measurement algorithms and procedures;
- specification of the relation of shape data quality and tolerance data;
NOTE 4 This document deals with non-viable or inappropriate product (shape) data represented by a finite number of digits. Therefore, what is specified in this document is essentially different from tolerance information.
- detailed information relating to quality of product data other than shape data;
NOTE 5 This document gives general specifications for the representation of criteria, measurement requirements, assessment specifications and inspection results for product data quality, but provides detailed specifications for only three-dimensional product shape data.
- specification of data models to improve the quality of product shape data;
- specification of the relationship between design quality and product data quality;
- specification of the aesthetic quality of product shape data.
NOTE 6 Aesthetic quality of product shape is a decisive factor for some types of product, such as passenger cars. This document, however, does not address such quality because the technology to evaluate aesthetic quality is not yet mature. This technology currently includes techniques to evaluate factors such as smoothness of highlight lines or smoothness of curvature distribution.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2021-09
Corrected version (en): 2021-12
Edition: 3Number of pages: 1290
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data
- ICS :
- 25.040.40 Industrial process measurement and control
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO 10303-59:2021Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.