This collection is a standard for the exchange of product model data (STEP) module and resource library (SMRL). It is intended for those who are considering adopting ISO 10303 modular application protocols, application modules, and resource parts, or systems built on them, for product data representation …
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2023. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/TS 10303-1112:2019 specifies the application module for Specification control.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-1112:2019:
- product classes used to identify sets of similar products to be offered to the market;
- specifications used to describe characteristics of the products;
- specification categories used to group similar characteristics of the products;
- specification expressions used to control the usage of a part within a product and to represent conditions for product classes;
- product functions used to describe the functional requirements for products and components of products;
- product components used to describe the common decomposition structure of all products of a product class or of various alternative solutions;
- alternative solutions used to describe the variants for a product component or for a product function;
- item instances used to identify an occurrence of a component in an assembly structure;
EXAMPLE 1 An item instance could identify the elements of an alternative solution.
- configurations used to link the parts (item instances), alternative solutions, product components, or product functions with
their usage cases;
EXAMPLE 2 An usage case is the the conditions under which configurations are used.
- product specifications are used to identify a manufacturable product out of a product class by its specific characteristics
EXAMPLE 3 A customer order for a piece of furniture is a product identification.
- items within the scope of application module Alternative solution, ISO/TS 10303-1109;
- items within the scope of application module Part collection, ISO/TS 10303-1115;
- items within the scope of application module Product placement, ISO/TS 10303-1343;
- items within the scope of application module Requirement view definition, ISO/TS 10303-1141;
- items within the scope of application module Specification based configuration, ISO/TS 10303-1108.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2019-11
Edition: 5Number of pages: 11
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data
- ICS :
- 25.040.40 Industrial process measurement and control
Buy this standard
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.