ISO 10303-44 specifies the integrated resource constructs for Product structure configuration.
The following are within the scope of ISO 10303-44:
- the relationships among the components and assemblies of products;
- the relationships among products and their components as made by modification of other products;
EXAMPLE 1 The machining of a product from another product is an example of a modification.
- the description of a product as defined by customer needs;
- the dependencies among specifications of a product in order to represent possible product variations to present to a customer;
- the management of the structure for configuration of assemblies and components as planned for manufacture;
- the decomposition of a product to support different product life cycle activities;
EXAMPLE 2 An organization maintains one bill-of-material structure for a product that enumerates the quantity of each component used in each assembly, and a second bill-of-material that decomposes a product with multiple assemblies into the individual components. See annex Examples for more examples of different product structure reports that are supported.
- multiple versions of a single product that are equivalent with respect to form, fit, and function.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2022-12
Edition: 6Number of pages: 11
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data
- ICS :
- 25.040.40 Industrial process measurement and control
Buy this standard
ISO 10303-44:2022Stage: 60.60
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.