This International Standard describes a system by which fine ceramics (advanced ceramics, advanced technical ceramics) (see clause 3) may be classified. The system has been devised to cover all types of fine ceramics in the form of inorganic precursors for ceramic powder production, powders, granular forms, fibres, whiskers, platelets, single crystals, consolidated polycrystalline ceramics, amorphous (glassy) and composite materials and components in block, thin film and coating forms. The structure of the classification is coded to be machine readable.
The classification system does not cover:
- elemental carbon, except for specific ceramic forms such as diamond, vitreous carbon or chemical vapour deposited (CVD) graphite;
- elemental silicon, elemental germanium and other elemental or compound semi-metallic substances other than when they form an integral component of or precoursor for fine ceramics;
- traditional ceramics based on clay, including:
- whitewares (e.g. tableware and fine porcelain);
- sanitary wares;
- floor and wall tiles;
- building ceramics (e.g. bricks and pipes);
- unshaped and shaped refractories for tonnage applications.
This International Standard does not specifically cover hardmetal (cemented carbide) products, or products which are mainly glassy, but the system can, in principle, be extended to cover such products. Its mode of use will be determined by the objective behind its use. It is not the purpose of this International Standard to define how the system shall be used, but examples are given of how it might be used. The user is able to define the coding combination and the level of detail to suit a particular purpose. This International Standard provides only a flexible framework and a recommended international coding system within which this might be done.
État actuel: PubliéeDate de publication: 2001-10
Comité technique: ISO/TC 206 Céramiques techniques
Acheter cette norme
|std 1 178|
|std 2 178||Papier|
Vous avez une question?
Consulter notre FAQ
De lundi à vendredi - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Suivez l'actualité de l'ISO
Inscrivez-vous à notre Newsletter (en anglais) pour suivre nos actualités, points de vue et informations sur nos produits.